The global gesture recognition for smart TV sales revenues totalled US$ 13.5 billion in 2022. From 2022 to 2032, global demand is projected to increase at 50.2% CAGR. By the end of 2032, the worldwide Gesture Recognition for Smart TV Market is set to cross a massive valuation of US$ 788.3 billion.
gesture recognition technology for Smart TVs has been a growing trend, enhancing user interaction and experience. Please note that the information provided here might be subject to changes, and its advisable to check for the latest market updates.
- Market Growth: Gesture recognition for Smart TVs has seen significant growth due to its ability to provide a more intuitive and user-friendly interface. The market has been driven by the increasing demand for interactive and immersive TV experiences.
- Technology Advancements: Advances in sensor technologies, such as cameras and depth-sensing devices, have played a crucial role in improving the accuracy and responsiveness of gesture recognition systems. This has led to better user experiences and increased adoption.
- Applications: Gesture recognition is used for various applications on Smart TVs, including navigation through menus, controlling volume and playback, and even gaming. The technology aims to eliminate the need for physical remote controls and offer a more natural way of interacting with Smart TVs.
- Key Players: Major technology companies and Smart TV manufacturers have been investing in gesture recognition technology. Companies like Samsung, LG, Sony, and Microsoft have been pioneers in incorporating gesture recognition features into their Smart TVs.
- Challenges: Despite its growth, gesture recognition technology for Smart TVs faces challenges such as false positives/negatives, limited gesture vocabulary, and the need for well-lit environments for accurate recognition. Ongoing research and development aim to address these challenges.
- Integration with Other Technologies: Gesture recognition is often integrated with other technologies, such as voice recognition and artificial intelligence, to create a more comprehensive and seamless user experience. This integration contributes to the overall growth of the smart home ecosystem.
- Consumer Adoption: Consumer adoption of gesture recognition on Smart TVs depends on factors like ease of use, reliability, and the overall improvement it brings to the user experience. Education and awareness about the capabilities of gesture recognition systems also influence adoption rates.
- Future Trends: The market for gesture recognition in Smart TVs is expected to continue evolving with advancements in machine learning, computer vision, and sensor technologies. As the technology becomes more sophisticated, it may pave the way for new applications and functionalities.
- Competitive Landscape: The market is competitive, with various players vying for dominance. Companies that can provide robust and user-friendly gesture recognition solutions are likely to have a competitive edge.
- Regulatory Considerations: As with any technology involving user data and privacy, there might be regulatory considerations. Compliance with data protection regulations and ensuring user privacy are essential aspects that companies need to address.
3D image sensor segment will retain its dominance over the market through 2032. This segment is likely to be successful due to its application in gaming. They provide better control than traditional joysticks, which would pull the youth towards it.
Gesture recognition technology is transforming the way humans interact with machines and usage of this technology in smart TVs is no exception. Gesture recognition technology allows users to control functions through gestures.
Increasing adoption of smart TVs globally will boost gesture recognition for smart TV demand during the forecast period.
Growing usage of connected devices and penetration of the Internet of Things (IoT) will stimulate growth in the gesture recognition for smart TV market.
The popularity of smart homes would continue driving demand for the gesture recognition for smart TV. Gesture recognition technology can be integrated with other smart home devices that are IoT-enabled to provide a seamless user experience.
In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a growing need for touchless technology, including gesture recognition for smart TVs. This has led to an increased focus on developing touchless interfaces that can be controlled with gestures, reducing the need for physical contact.
Two additional factors that will boost the market are the creation of stereoscopy in smart TVs and consumer preference for advanced technologies.
Key Takeaways from the Gesture Recognition for Smart TV Market Report:
- The global gesture recognition for smart TV market will expand at 50.2% CAGR through 2032.
- By technology, 3D image sensor segment is set to exhibit a CAGR of 50.1% from 2022 to 2032.
- Based on hardware, semiconductor ICS segment will thrive at 50.0% CAGR over the next ten years.
- The United States market value will reach a valuation of US$ 123.9 billion by 2032.
- Gesture recognition demand for smart TVs in the United Kingdom will surge at 47.9% CAGR.
- China gesture recognition for smart TV industry is forecast to exhibit a 52.2% CAGR through 2032.
- Demand in South Korea will surge at 50.8% CAGR during the assessment period.
“Rising inclination towards using smart technologies will boost the gesture recognition for smart TV market through 2032. Innovations have made leaps in providing an intuitive feel in interacting with appliances through gesture recognition technology. Its use for smart TVs has been augmented by the several platforms and competition offered to users for gaming and entertainment.” Says a Persistence Market Research (PMR) analyst.
You Can Customize this Report As per Your Requirement Click Here@ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/request-customization/33419
Cipia, Google, Ultrahaptics, LG Electronics Inc., Pointgrab LTD, Panasonic Corporation, Tesna Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Sony Corporation, and The Linux Foundation are few of the leading players offering gesture recognition for smart TV solutions.
These players are investing in research and development to introduce novel solutions into the market. They are also showing interest in partnerships, mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations to expand their presence.
- In October 2021, Samsung unveiled its new Neo QLED TVs with advanced gesture recognition technology. The TVs use a combination of cameras and AI algorithms to accurately detect and interpret hand gestures, making it easier for users to navigate menus and control the TV.
- In December 2021, Sony announced that it had developed a new gesture recognition system for its Bravia line of smart TVs. The system uses advanced 3D sensing technology to accurately detect and interpret a wide range of gestures.
Key Market Trends Listed by Persistence Market Research (PMR)
- Burgeoning demand for smart TVs will boost the global gesture recognition for smart TV industry.
- Rising popularity of home entertainment systems will elevate demand, as they become increasingly interconnected.
- Advancements and market expansion in gesture recognition technology by key manufacturers are set to create new growth prospects.
- Growing awareness about the comfort, convenience and user-friendliness of gesture recognition in smart TVs will boost sales.
- Increasing penetration of IoT and artificial intelligence (AI) will support market expansion.
- Rising need for faster response and greater bandwith in product usage will propel demand in this market.
More Insights Available:
Persistence Market Research (PMR), in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of gesture recognition for the smart TV market, presenting historical market data (2017 to 2021) and forecast statistics for the period from 2023 to 2032.
The study reveals extensive growth in demand for gesture recognition for smart TV solutions based on
- Technology (2D image sensor and 3D image sensor)
- Hardware (image sensor, IR proximity sensor, IR temperature sensor, light sensors, and semiconductor ICS) across various regions.
- 2D Image Sensor
- 3D Image Sensor
- Image Sensor
- IR Proximity Sensor
- IR Temperature Sensor
- Light Sensors
- Semiconductors ICS
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Persistence Market Research is a U.S. based full-service market intelligence firm specializing in syndicated research, custom research, and consulting services. Persistence Market Research boasts market research expertise across the Healthcare, Chemicals and Materials, Technology and Media, Energy and Mining, Food and Beverages, Semiconductor and Electronics, Consumer Goods, and Shipping and Transportation industries. The company draws from its multi-disciplinary capabilities and high-pedigree team of analysts to share data that precisely corresponds to clients’ business needs.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Newsline Hub journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.